The Secret to Keeping Lilacs Fresh
So you have this beautiful lilac shrub full of blooms and it smells amazing! You cut some and bring them inside to fill your home with their intoxicating scent only to find a couple hours later they are wilted!
Well let me share with you a few tips on prolonging the vase life of these beautiful blooms!
- Choose blooms that are not fully out yet with only a few flowers open on a bloom
- Cut stems on a sharp angle
- Now split the stems, cutting up into the middle
- Immediately place in your vase filled with hot water (the hot water allows the water to travel through the woody stem to help keep the bloom hydrated)
- Change the water every few days using warm water
Blooms should last approximately 5 days, enjoy!